1 year

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
I have officially owned my 02 ST for 1 year now.

In that year... first month I had to replace the Alternator.

Upgraded the audio system heavily (always on going, 6 different boxes have been in there)

EPC/transmission filter and fluid change

some oil changes and air filter.

Pretty much trouble free and 68k miles.

Thanks for all the info and hopefully I'll have it for many more years.

I'm coming up on 2 years this month for my Trac. It's an '01 Job 2 with close to 51,000 miles. Some of this would be considered regular maintenance but other than mods, this is all I've had to do:

Replaced brake pads, replaced brake lines, replaced left front caliper, machined rotors. (A month or so after I bought it the brakes were squealing when they weren't being applied. This was fixed by the dealer for free).

Replaced brake bads and rotors, replaced right rear wheel cylinder. (The brakes failed inspection, they only had about 13,000 miles on them. I was told that the wheel cylinder that was replaced was stuck and was part of the reason the pads wore so quickly).

So I guess I've been pretty lucky compared to some. Although the new pads squeak like hell on light-medium braking) at least I know I'll be able to stop.

Had my '01 for 5 yrs, 10 mos., 100k miles whe I sold her. Had the tranny worked on at about 70k miles I think it was, but other than that, trouble free... Had my '07 for almost 3 months now---trouble free and 5k on the odometer...

Latest posts