09 Sport Trac - A-Plan, X-Plan Pricing??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ

Reaction score
Hi all - Anyone got the A- and X-plan pricing for the 2009 ST? I tried searching the forum, couldn't find any info or links.

Thanks in advance! :)

I bought my 2003 Sport Trac using the X-Plan, but I don't know that the X-plan will do you much good today, if they even offer it anymore. All the vehicle manufacturers are cutting prices and offering such big discounts and incentives to get the vehicles off their lots, that you can easily negotiate and get a much better deal than X-plan will give you.

If you do not know about the A-Plan you probably are not eligable since it applies to Ford employees and employees of some of their suppliers.

The pricing on those plans have changed over the past few years and the discounts were not as big. But you can always ask the dealer what the X-plan price is on any vehicle. The only restriction is that you must say you are going to use the X-plan right up front. That is supposed to end all negotiations on price.

Many dealer would try to tell you that they can give you a better or comperable price without using the X-plan, but typically, that is just to get you to negotiate the price and they are no longer obligated to tell your the x-plan price, so you really never know if you were getting a better deal.

If you stop and think about it, Why would a dealer try to sell you a vehicle for a lower price than you already agreed to pay??? Simple, they don't intend to sell you the vehicle at or below the X=plan price. They want to sell you the vehicle at a discounted price, but not as low as you would get from an X-plan price.

...Rich

It used to be that the:

A- plan (employee pricing) would be (if i memory serves me correctly) 2% over dealer invoice (not the sticker)

X plan (Partner pricing) will be 4% over the dealer invoice.

Rebates and incetives do count towards your purchase as well.

There are guidelines that you would have to follow and guidelines that the dealerships are to follow.

I don't know if the pricing plans have changed You can view the actuall discription at Ford Partners website and sometimes you can find them on Dealerships websites.

You need to ask the dealership to see THEIR invoices, don't let the sales guy or gal try to tell you it's the sticker. Although, sometimes, the xplan pricing may be located on the sticker. don't call them up they won't discuss that over the phone.

It's always best to do the following:

You need to and should ask for that invoice on the spot, and view it in person, again it is the DEALERS INVOICE you want to see, It should shows what the dealership paid for it. Then add the percentages to get a rough idea of what you would pay. Taxes and Title and Tag fees are not part of that price.

A- plan folks get a lower cost, however, as Rich L stated, the plans may have changed over the years.

A- plan (employee pricing) would be (if i memory serves me correctly) 2% over dealer invoice (not the sticker)

X plan (Partner pricing) will be 4% over the dealer invoice.

A-Plan is much lower than Dealer invoice. It is only for Employees and select family members.

X-Plan is still less than dealer invoice, around 1% under, plus all rebates. X-Plan is for friends of Ford Motor Company employees, suppliers, and big companies that negotiate it with FoMoCO as a benefit for their employees.

X-Plan is still a great way to save money buying a new car or truck. You will have a hard time beating it.

Tom

Thanks all......I've been debatin'............

I have an 08 ST XLT 4x4 V8 w/ 10,500 miles (bought last May), there was some content that got bumped from 08 to 09, and have been wanting an 09. Plus some new colors.

Question: Y'all think it's worth trading in for the new 09 content:

- New colors: Sangria Red, Brilliant Silver, Dark Copper (I want the Copper - Longhorn here)

- One-touch up/down window (driver's)

- RSC/Control Trac w/ new trailer anti-sway feature

- DVD headrests (aftermarket, installed by dealer)

- Free Sat radio (now Standard)

I think that's about it........they did do away w/ the 6CD changer head unit in favor of the one-CD unit....maybe something about a trend for consumers going to MP3's? I'm kinda bummed about that part.

- R

RJ, welcome to the site. About trading the 08 for an 09, you are going to take a bath on the trade-in value of your 08...