08 STA Issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:

This power issue is worse than ever... I only noticed today, that the entire vehicle loses power, now only the headunit and display... windows wont work when it happens and even my daytime running lights crap out....

I cant get into the deal till monday, but anyone have any idea? everything looks ok....

the only think Ican think of is it might have somethign to do with the factory alarm I had installed?

Chris,

Do you own a DVM? If so, since you said your fuses seem to come loose while driving on gravel roads, etc. You might pop the fuse cover and take the neg probe of your meter to ground under the dash and with the other (red) probe, check each of the fuses on both ends to make sure power is traveling through them. Make sure you have the key turned on while testing them. Those fuses have a small exposed end on the caps on both sides which makes it easy to test them without yanking them out. This would tell you if not only the fuse is good, but power is traveling through them.

It might turn out that you just have a defective fuse block since the fuses seem to slip out so easy.

As far as the factory alarm, check where they connected the ground for it, you might find if other grounds are connected there as well, there might be a loose connection at that point.

Check the battery cables. Also check where the + cable connects to the main power box under the hood.

All that looks good... this is strange.

I dont know if the fuses moved after the gravel road, I just know that when I inspected it, they were all kinda not pushed all the way in... I dont think this is the problem.... something to do with main power.

The thing is, I can drive it while its doing this, if the main power was cutoff, wouldnt the truck die? With all the electronic fuel injection, etc...?

Sounds like even with the 2008 Ford still did not get it right and that is a shamed. The ST has a great look about it but like my 2002, even the 2008 have problems just a new set of them. One more reason once I get out of this ST I will not buy another one.

Latest posts