08 STA Issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Hey all...

Went camping/dirt biking this weekend with the new STA... Everything was good with it all weekend, other than it getting really hot due to the weather inside. On the way home my head unit kept losing power, and coming back on when I would hit the gas or hit a bump (small ones) on the road... Same with the display on the dash (the digital info display)

When I got home I popped the hood and seen that lots of the fuses seemed to be unseated, possibly from the gravel roads we drove on to get there... disconnected the battery for 10 mins, and went for a drive... the power doesn't go out nearly as often as it was on the way home, but I noticed that when I hit a small bump the head unit goes off momentarily...

Anyone have any idea why this would be? Seems power related, but all looks OK.

Thanks!

is the circuit breaker heating up to much???

i kno my ST would lose the head unit and windows cuz the circuit breaker would get to hot... so i had to go from a 20a to a 25a

no problems since

XST, there is something wrong if fuses are coming unseated due to a gravel road, I driven numerous vehicles on much worse than just a gravel road and have never had a fuse come unseated.

lol take it to the dealer, its under warranty ;)

so... that means FREE w/e they do to fix it lol and thats a lovely price

I don't know about you but I always research the issue before I bring my vehicle in. It helps to have an idea and sometimes I can point them in the right direction quickly.

All our techs actually do this kind of research on a regular basis now. They put their feelers out and get some good information. Well... thats what they tell me anyway!

So you did get a new headunit huh!? You ever figure out how much you wanted for your stock NAV/DVD player?

No Nocturnal, this is the stock head unit.

I can see if being a connection to the headunit, but why is the info center digital display going on and off as I drive as well?

I payed closer attention today, and it seems to happen when I floor it, and when I hit a bump with the front right tire... weird.

Not sure, lol...

Its annoying that I have to go deal with the dealer about something thats soooooooooo basic probably... Cant wait to hear about my intake and exhaust, lol.

To be honest, after I put my intake and exhaust on...I've not even turned my head unit on. I LOVE the sound of my Magnaflow + K&N intake.

I never really bother with listening to stock audio. Once I put my system in it will be a different story!

I really with there was a way to fit a THXII Audio system from an MKZ or MKX in the STA. I've never listened to anything that sounded as good as the THXII stock system.

For the money you pay for these new cars/trucks, you would think the quality would be there...not the case anymore....that really chapps my @ss. I almost need to down a 'chill pill' before I go see the dealership for any repair issue. :angry:

My 'free ride' with Sirius just expired :(.....now they keep calling me and mailing me stuff to extend my subscription. So now I just listen to the standard FM radio stations again.

Now, if I can get Dingo to find a way to 'hack' the Sirius reciever into working......I'd be a happy camper again. :D

Very true. I've been addicted to my Ipod but Sirius is better yet. I'll be adding that to my Alpine 9883 HU when Metra releases their Sync interface system for aftermarket HUs. No sense in installing it twice!

Honestly though...Sync is overrated!

Latest posts