08-10 ST Adrenalin, any differences

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Magliocca

Reaction score
back to shopping the market, just put almost $3500 into my 02 ST, only 170K, runs very strong, body rusting away. Ready for another, and really want an Adrenalin model. Want the V* awd version...so question.

Was there any model development in the three years the Adrenalin model was available?

Any drivetrain improvements, etc?

thanks all

still can't believe the prices some dealers are asking for these 4-6 year old trucks. Even harder to believe is how damn many sub 5K mile STA's come available, for awful close to sticker when new.

Joe Mag they're close to one of a kind or a collector's item ... I just returned in my '10 STA from a trip to Charlotte, NC & Greer, SC & Bristol, VA over the Thanksgiving weekend and didn't see another one the entire trip.

and I still have my '01 ST w/162k that's still showroom new looking. I didn't see too many Gen 1 ST either, but a few.

Don't know what you mean about the "three years the Adrenalin model was available"? I had a 2003 Adrenalin.

As for Gen II, there were several small changes and updates at the start of the '09 model. I don't have an exhaustive list, but I believe the transmission mechatronic unit, TCU programming, anti sway bar, some suspension bushings, interior colors, seat firmness, and considerable work on noise and rattles. My '10 Limited is a whole lot tighter, quieter, smoother, more comfortable than my '07 ever was. Ford obviously kept on the continuous improvement push, even though the Trac's years were coming to an end.

there are three in my area, two black, one red. My wife has seen the red, not me. Pricing at some dealers believe they are collector items also, no way. The Adrenalin option package for Gen 2 ST's, were simply a low volume expensive option package, on a low volume niche production vehicle. Strong resale value, yes...collector...no.

Gavin, exactly the kind of isues I wondered about...NVH improvements, spring/shock changes, etc. Keep the model year update info coming please guys.

thanks

'08 Adrenalins weren't available with heated seats. Only the '09-'10 STA's have heated seats as an option.

Latest posts