07 want new wheels-tires what is best bet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Martorana

Reaction score
New to ST. Bought a 07 4x2 xlt. Has 16's. would like to put a decent set of 17's (dealer option size) or 18's. Will they void the ford warranty if wheels other than the exact size it came with are installed? Would the 17x8's be a nice look and which tire? Thanks.

moto metal 950's are still my favorite looking rims. I'v seen them a members sport trac. Cant remember who though.

[Broken External Image]:

wow, those look great. will look them up to see where I can get them. Any insight on if I put 18's on it whether they will fit on the stock vehicle and whether Ford warranty will have an issue if god fobid I have to have it towed in and they deam it "related"....transmission, differential, wheel bearings etc.

Love the look of the larger rims, but my first thought is to run with the 17's since the 07 St's do have it as an option even though my truck came with 16's. Also when people upsize their wheels/tires, do you somehow have the speedometer recalibrated or is there not enough difference to matter?

Latest posts