07 Transmission Noise?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My ST's been making a low whistling noise when accelerating. I took it to the dealer today and they said the noise is coming from the transmission, they're keeping it to find out what it is. Anyone experience this or know what it might be? I've got 15K on it and it started this noise about two weeks ago.

I assume it's really cold up in Mass right now. Do you only hear the noise when you first start driving, and then does it go away after the vehicle heats up? And does the noise seem to come from the front of the vehicle?

If so, it might be your alternator. My 04 does that when it is REALLY cold. I think there is a TSB associated with it.

TJR

Mine is just starting to get noticeable and it is also getting somewhat cold down here.. I wasn't sure what it was. Please keep me updated on any news.

Thanks

Well, got it back yesterday and the dealer said they coudn't figure it out. So they called Ford and they told them to test drive one on the lot, becuase they all do it. They tested a spankin new one on the lot and it did it too and I said that's funny cause it only started two weeks ago, and the tech says "yeah that's weird". I am so satisfied with that answer. lol. Pat - I really like your solution! Merry Christmas everybody.:)

Latest posts