07 Trans problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Krusich

Reaction score
Have any of you 07 or later owners had warranty service other that supposed updated downloads that seemed to do nothing that lasts? I am wondering if valve body replacement or something else has ever been authorized under warranty?

I have just bought my 2nd 07 and the transmission is just as irksome on the downshift as the first one making me wonder if Ford ever fixed the bumpy downshift problems that my dealer was never able to resolve.

I am trying to decide how to again approach my dealer with this 2nd 07?

Steve

I have an 08 V8/6 speed. At 10K miles, the tranny developed the downshift bump and a few other annoying traits.

A TSB was out and I had it done. All was well for 4K miles, all the bad things came back.

I read on this board about a second TSB. I figgured it was either similar or the same BS. I finally had it done about 12K miles ago. Since TSB #2, the trans has been sweet, very smooth.

If you have a V8/6speed Expy or Trac, get the latest TSB done, you will be immediately happier, I klnow I am.

I wish I can remember the specific TSB#. I believe Lil' Red has it in his library. I had that one done over 12K miles ago, and had no problems since.

I had my 07 tranny TSB done about 3 weeks ago. At first It seemed to have lost all it's power and torque, but after letting it relearn it now runs better than it ever did. I checked with the dealer and they said when they did the TSB they also retuned the ECU to current model specs. They did in the process change the Code on the ECU and my XCal3 no longer worked with it and I had to work a deal with Torrie to swap to an enhanced version. He wrote an 87 performance tune for it and after uploading the new tune it scared the pants off me. The 87 P tune runs better than the 93 P tune that Doug with BamaChips had done for me when I bought the original XCal3. Yea Torrie. His tunes are hands down better.

Jim:banana:

Mine has 11700 on it. Has done it since day one. It still does it. Not anywhere near as bad as it used to but it has never gone away completely.

Is TSB 08-4-16.pdf the latest one. I have been having ht eproblem since shortly after getting my '07. Now it is worse and I cant take it anymore.

Latest posts