'07 Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Just turned 20,000 and Michelins are gone. Whats the best bang for the buck in an all round driving tire? Don't off road but the way this country is going it doesn't mean I won't. I would like a 235-60-18 if they will fit. Any reason I shouldn't go from a 65 to a 60?

Thanks,

Jim:rolleyes:

I have Goodyear Fortera 235-70-16 with 34,000 on them. Original OEM tires. I'm taking a road trip the first two weeks of July (4-5K miles) and will probably replace them before the trip but - I could probably get another 5 - 10 k from them but I want new tires for the trip.

I LOVE THESE TIRES!!!

I did price replacement tires (larger at 255-70-16) and they are about $170.00 per tire but I may go for it anyway.

I'd go with Goodyear - they've worked great for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember on my 07, the stock michelins were good but did not last.

dingo (andy) recommended the toyo proxes and they were awesome but a bit tricky in snow/ice. also nice smooth ride.

i forgot the size but they looked real good and were great for 3 season weather. it gave my trac a performance look and alot of people liked the way they looked.

e-mail him for the size if this is something you were looking for.

Now I do have to agree with Gavin on this one. BFG Radial Long Trail TA's are the best tire for LT's & SUV's IMHO....

My OEM Mich's are done at 28K miles.

I am looking at Toyo Proxes ST, 255-55-18. They are a little shorter but I think the SCT will correct the speedo.

Wow, my Michelin's are still rolling strong at 29K miles......granted, 85% of those miles have been highway but at least 10K has been pulling on average about 4-5K lb trailer. Needless to say I keep them rotated, balanced and aligned very regularly. I bought a 5 yr alignment plan from NTB that allows me to get alignments every 7K miles.....great investment for SUV tires.

My Michelins died around 18,000 miles. I went with Toyo Proxes 275/55's ...I have over 35,000 miles on them and I figure I will put another 10k on them before they need to be replaced sometime early next year.

My Michelins died around 18,000 miles also. Contact Michelin direct and they we send you to a tire service tech in your area to inspect your tires. Michelin covered 65% of the cost of new Michelins. The new 236/65/18 is a new design is what they told me also a different part number.

I have GY Fortera on my 07 w/ 49k, believe they are the OEM's as I purchased ST used 2/08, still have some good tread left on 'em, considering these again but the cost is kind of hard to get around. Look at cooper tires, have owned them and good tires as well.

I just talked with a Michelin representative in Canada and he told me that the OEM tire on the 07 should get 45 to 50,000 miles but that there was no mileage warrantee on the tire. He was very nice and told me to ask the authorized representative at Discount Tires if they could be Warranteed or not

Thanks,

Jim

My Michelins were shot at 22,000 miles. I kept them rotated, balanced, and had 4-wheel alignment set at 15,000 miles. At least they all wore very evenly and at the same rate, but the wear bars were showing.

Tire dealer said that was normal for those tires- said Michelin wasn't as good as it used to be. Wouldn't warranty anything.

I have had several sets of BF Goodrich Long Trail T/As on other vehicles and have always gotten real good service from them. I love 'em.

I replaced my Michelins on my 07 Ltd around the 28k mark. Being pretty religous about pressure and rotation, I feel extremely lucky to have gotten that kind of life from them.

Am now rocking 265/65-18 Firestone Desination LEs. This is the 3rd set of these tires I've owned and I love them! In every case I've gotten at least 50k from them. Great traction and oh so quiet. Highly recommended!

Latest posts