07 ST or Nissan Frontier

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Nissan's look better... it is more truck than the ST, but the ST, IMHO, is more unique of a vehicle.

One's SUV based and the other is truck based (off Titan).

Go with the ST. The frontier is all "one piece" isn't it? Meaning you will hear a lot more road/truck bed noise when driving....plus the ST is more unique....IMHO. ;)

Have you sat in both?

When I was shopping for my truck I sat in a frontier and got right back out because it felt like a sports car, my knees were way to high and close to the steering wheel (with the seat all the way back)

Ditto on what JD said. When I was shopping around. I sat in a Fronteir for "giggles" to see if I liked it. it felt too much like my single cab Mazda B3000 - small, cramped, and compact were the first thoughts that came to my mind.

Definately take the time to sit in, drive, and evaluate the pro's and con's of each.

Best of luck!

Also, if you are looking for a "truck" and willing to lay down the money that new ST's are costing...why not consider an F150 for a truck? You can always ask around for an X-plan pin number to help too. Just a thought.

2 things in favor of the Sport Trac - V8 and independent rear suspension. The Frontier will not ride as nice as the ST.

I love my 02 Nissan Frontier its been a great truck with 58K trouble free miles. Can't say that with the ST tho which I also love :). IMHO I don't like the looks of the newer Frontier's they just look like mini-titans where as the older ones had a more original look to them. I have no problem with leg room in the Crew Cab at all (front nor back) but I'm only 5"11.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, let's compair 07 ST to 07 Frontier...

Some of you guys speak about the prior model... I think Blake is wanting to know about the new gen of Frontier...

PS: Tacomas are sweet too.

O.K. gotta chip in here.

To ditto what dmould said, the Sport Trac technology with the V8 and the independent rear suspension makes all the difference in the choice.

It's a no brainer!

This is an easy one, 07 ST. Didn't care for the Frontier when a neighboor test drove one. This was a couple of years ago, but he bought a Tundra. Needless to say, he ordered a 07 ST last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i was talking about the 07 Frontier and the 07 ST. what i like about the frontier is the NISMO package. it looks pretty sweet with the BF GOODRICH tires. i wouldnt be afraid to take that thing in the dirt. the ST on the other hand, isnt quite totally made for pounding dirt trails. am i wrong on that one?

I you are really going to spend a lot of time off road, the Frontier NISMO or Tacoma TRD might be better choices. For me, with 98% of my driving on pavement, sometimes towing a 27ft 4000lb trailer, the Sport Trac is best.

Latest posts