'07 Sport Trac review up on Canadian Driver

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted deleted

Reaction score
How about a positive review on the new Sport Trac? Here's one on canadiandriver.com.

I've really come to respect the reviews and opinions on this site. Their reviewer have no bias towards any make or model that I can tell.

I'm still stinging from car and driver's review.

Unless you really need the extra towing capacity, we would still recommend the comparo-winning and dynamically more satisfying Ridgeline.

ouch

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice a lot of these reviews all review the V8 on the 2007. This makes sense as it's new. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the 2007 4.0L 6cylinder. Is it powerful enough for the bigger 2007?

Also there is always the same comment about how the tonneau cover takes 2 people to remove. Is this true? It doesn't look that difficult. Can anyone comment on this?

I can remove mine on my '02 by myself, and the new one is supposed to be a few pounds lighter. Same attachment method. Really it comes down to strength. Some could remove it by themselves, for some it will take two.

Funny... I post a positive review on the new Trac, and I see replies with whining about another review. Guess some of you guys just want to complain.

Funny... I post a positive review on the new Trac, and I see replies with whining about another review. Guess some of you guys just want to complain.

But yours was for a Canadian Sport Trac! :D

This review had a couple of pictures I haven't seen yet. They show the rear seats in the down position. What is the "box" behind the single seat? Is this in all models or just the Limited?

CB:

I got the limited V6. Its strong enough. I had 2005 Mustang GT that I traded for the 07 ST, and stepping down in power and up in weight was easily noticed (I also had an '04 Mustang MACH 1, '04 Mercury Marauder, '03 Mercury Marauder, and an '02 Mustang GT). But, with the motor breaking in now at about 2600 miles it has enough pep. My only critique is that the 5 speed takes too long to hunt for gears when you push the pedal to the floor. Towing and payload capacity is hight than the 99 F-150 V6 that I had. I'm guesing that the 3.73 gear (that I believe the '07 ST has) helps with this. Think about it: my '89 Mustang 5.0 LX was only rated at 225 crank HP. That was BIG power in '89.

Bottom line: The 292 HP in the 4.6 3v makes the Trac scoot much quicker. If you want to get through the 1/4 mile in half a day instead of three quarters of a day, or tow a deep V fishing boat, get the 4.6. For its intended purpose, the 4.0 doeas a good job.

Joe:

Thanks for the review of the V6. Do you get any knocking in the V6 with regular 87 octane gas?

Also what is the "box" behind the rear seats? The one I saw at the dealership was a Limited and had a speaker in it. Is this in all models or just the ones with better than the standard radio?

-CB

The box behind the driver side rear seat is for the subwoofer. If you don't get the upgraded stereo it's a storage area.

And they say chicks dont know anytjing about cars.. She obviously knows a great deal more than previous reviewers and also writes like a true profesional (unbiased facts and no juvinile remarks).

Will another storage box fit behind the larger rear seat? From the pictures in this review, it looks like there is extra space there that might be useful.

[Broken External Image]:

Honest and refreshing, and if you read their Ridgeline test, they had the nerve to call the bed extender "dumb" (gasp!) and the price "expensive". :cool: