'07 Outside Temp Display Issue - RESOLVED

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark inLA

Reaction score
Okay.....so 2 days into my '07, and I came across a stumper. I have the Limited Electronics Package, which includes among other things a 4-line message center and dual zone auto A/C. I went looking for my familiar outside temp and compass info, and found the compass info in the lower part of the message center. However, no outside temp was displayed. I checked the manual, and in the manual it shows a picture of the 4-line message center WITH outside temp displayed. Now I'm really confused. So I read the manual, and it states in the manual that the outside temperature is only displayed if you have MANUAL A/C. Am I missing something, or WTF?!?!??!?!

Update: I updated the title to reflect that my issue was answered below by A1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like you now understand that outside temp only displays if you have a Manual A/C. So what's your real question? Might it be....Why in the world did Ford do that?

Well, I'm actually hoping that I'm just missing something. I just can't imagine why they would decide to remove the outside temp sensor in models with auto A/C. It makes no sense to me......I still would like to know the temp outside. Not to mention the fact that to get the 4-line message center don't you HAVE to purchase the package which contains the auto A/C, which deletes the outside temp info? Why do they have a picture in the manual displaying the info if you can never get it??

The outside temp is still displayed, just not in the Messaage center. The owners manual covers this. It is on the display for the Climate Control. You get used to looking down there. I wondered why it wouldn't show in both locations... Climate Control is a better location for it anyways. As the driver I don't want to keep telling my wife how hot or cold it is outside...she can look for herself.

Thanks!!!! I'll look for it at lunch time. I'm just glad that info is still available.....doesn't matter to me that it's in the Climate Control display.

My stripped down Focus doesn't have outside temperature. I have to use one of the old fashion approaches:

1) Drive by a bank and look at its sign

2) Put my hand up against the inside of the windshield and guess

3) Roll down the window, stick out my hand for a few moments, bring it back in; if it's wet, it's raining; if it's blue or covered with white stuff, it's cold; if there are bugs on it, it's probably hot; ...you get the picture

TJR

I really don't care what outside air temp is when I'm driving. I care about the inside temp where I am sitting. Besides, temp is just a number. If I'm comfortable in my Trac, who cares if it's -10 or 95 outside?

From the 2007 Sport Trac Owners Manual...a very good read btw...:

[Broken External Image]:

16. EXT: Displays the outside air

temperature. Press again to display

cabin temperature settings. Exterior

readings are more accurate when the vehicle is moving.

EXT

It works on my 07 LTD. The reason I want to know the outside temp is while dring in the mountains here, temps can vary 10 to 30 F. That can mean a wet road or ice,... nice to know what to expect around the bend.

Not cabin temp, but cabin temp setting (one for single zone or two for dual zone). So another press turns off the outside temp in the right corner of the display, and turns on whatever temperature setting you have set.