'07 Michelin Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Krusich

Reaction score
I have read with interest that several '07 ST owners have gotten Ford warranty relief for the poor tread life on their OEM Michelin's. I am about to try the same but would appreciate your advice on the way you approached it and what arguments you used. I am expecting my dealer to laugh at me so i want to be armed with your experience. Thanks

I said, "Hi, Maria. These tires suck. I'd like to warranty them." She looked at my milage and said, "Okay."

Ha! NICE! I believe I am going to try and warranty mine soon also (Probably another 1,000 miles). I am curious as to how they warrantied them. Did they just give you cash and say "Go get some new tires" or did they have a set they gave you or what? I am looking at getting the BFGoodwrench Radial All Terrain T/A's and do not want to warranty them if all they will do is give me a new set of these crappy Michelin ones.

I went and got my Toyos, and mounted them. I then threw the Michelins in the bed and drove them to the dealer. I left them there. They had to call a Ford rep out to approve the warranty, which took a month, but he did. The service manager then called to see if I wanted more Michelins or what. I said "I already have Toyos, but I guess I could just keep the Michelins in the garage for later." He said, "If you fax me a receipt for them, I can cut you a check." I called several local tire stores and got quotes on the exact tires I had put on. So I wrote up a receipt at the same price as the lowest quote and faxed it. I picked up the check that day.

And Maria knows me well. :) The front 2 were feathered REALLY badly and bald, the back left was bald, and the back right was REALLY bald. She said, "You drive like an a$$hole," and laughed.

I attended the Detroit Auto Show tonight and talked to the reps at the Michelin display. They were not aware of any problem but only said that the manufacturers spec their tires and sometimes treadwear is not a high priority. The rep said handling was generally the characteristic the manufacturers specified.

That's crazy awesome, Dingo. I also "Drive like an a$$hole", so my tires are getting down there. Thanks for the information. It really helps me know what to do and/or expect.

Latest posts