07' Limited A/C Issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lyon

Reaction score
So I have just started to notice that when I first start the truck and turn on the A/C it takes like 15-20 sec for the fan to actually kick on. It's something that has just started and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what could be the cause? Thanks for your help.

Mine does the same thing, but get this.....If I leave the A/C set to Max when I shut the truck off, the next time I start it up, both leds are lit, but the blower only blows as if I'm set to normal A/C. I have to shut off the Max A/C button and hit it again before the blower will blow as it should with the Max button on.

It started doing this about 2 mos ago. I figure it's one of those TSB's that needs to get done to fix this issue.

Note: I pulled my battery cables this morning, so going to see if Dingo's fix works for my transmission issues......will report how it works out once I get a chance to go "Drive It Like I Stole It" and see if it made any difference.....Hell who knows, it might even fix this A/C issue as well. :)

No change as far as A/C function, but about my tranny? Wow....follow this link :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I took mine to the dealer about this. They said 4 seconds is normal.

They claim they didn't do anything, but there is no delay now.

I don't know if pulling the battery had anything to do with the A/C issue, but now my blower fires up the second I start my truck with the A/C set to come on.

I don't trust my service advisor for anything they tell me anymore. My new service advisor is Dingo :lol::lol::lol:

Dingo.......what is a CAN/BUS ????

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Controller Area Network.

From Wiki:

A modern automobile may have as many as 50 electronic control units (ECU) for various subsystems. Typically the biggest processor is the engine control unit (ECU); others are used for transmission, airbags, antilock braking, cruise control, audio systems, windows, mirror adjustment, etc. Some of these form independent subsystems, but communications among others are essential. A subsystem may need to control actuators or receive feedback from sensors. The CAN standard was devised to fill this need.

The CAN bus may be used in vehicles to connect engine control unit and transmission, or (on a different bus) to connect the door locks, climate control, seat control, etc. Today the CAN bus is also used as a fieldbus in general automation environments: this is especially because of the low cost of some CAN Controllers and processors. On the other hand any official use of CAN requires that a fee for the CAN Protocol License is to be paid to Bosch who developed the protocol and hold patents.

Dingo, thanks for the explanation on the Can/Bus.......still think though, there are too many friggin electrical/computer related things put in these cars/trucks these days.

I've worked on or built computers for over 30 years, but this stuff they put on auto's blows my mind.

Latest posts