'07 Custom Sub enclosure

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am getting ready to do my subwoofer upgrade from stock 8".I went into Audio Advisors in WPB, FL last week and they wanted $580 for labor and materials to make a custom box fiberglassed to the back wall w/ amp rack for 2 10" subs. I had this done in my 98 Tacoma (standard cab) for $300 several years ago, but dont remember where the shop I had it done at was. Their price seems high, but I am sure I will get a quality product. ANyone else had this done or know somewhere in FL that I can get this done reasonably.

Thanks Fast Eddie.

I haven't updated the site yet, but I do offer boxes for the 07. Unfortunatly it has to be for a shallow mount pioneer or similar. (TS-SW3041D or the 10" version)

That allows it not to be some crazy fiberglass work.

So I can fit either 1 12 or 2 10's in an mdf enclosure for you. In either case $150 plus shipping (unfinished just a single coat of flat black spray paint)

If you want to talk about other options or have questions shoot me and email. [email protected]

is the subwoofer top mounting depth still 5"? Do I have to remove anything from behind the seats or does it fit as is? what will the width be? will there be any space left for capacitors and/or amps or will they have to go under the rear seats. Is there any resale value in the factory sub/amp or are they pretty much worthless after I upgrade.

07's have no info listed on the site. The only box I can build for an 07 has to have a speaker mounting depth of less than 3-1/4"

example speakers would be pioneer TS-SW3041D, or TS-SW2541D but anything with less then 3-1/4" would work.

If you do 10's I can fit 2 if you do 12's we might fit 2 but would be close.

It requires no removal of anything. Fold the seats down and install. Amps/Caps need to be mounted elsewhere. I will find the post with the pictures of the 07 box I built so you can see.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the pic of my '07 that JD posted the link to. It sounds great. It is just enough to shake the mirrors a bit, but not loud enough to wake the neighbors. It fills the cab with good, clean bass. It took JD about 6 hours from start to finish on building the box. Lots of test fitting during the process. It was originally going to be a rectangle shaped box, flat on all sides, but ended up being slant fronted. You can see than it fits in right next to the rear storage area pretty nicely. I covered my own box using some automotive carpet I bought at Wal Mart. Almost looks factory. I put My CD changer and Cap in the storage box, and my amps are under the seat.

Thanks again Jacob! I still need to get over there so you can hear the final install. Maybe once you confirm that your street is paved and not a muddy city street again...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts