07 Bad Day

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P M

Reaction score
Well, after anxiously waiting 7 weeks, my ST came in... :D Unfortunately, it was missing one very key option. :angry: Yes, the Power Rear Window. Of all the options to goof up, that is probably one of the few true show stoppers. Would anyone actually order one without that? Now, I get to pick from other ones that are available or order another one and start the waiting all over again. They have a call in to see if it can be installed. I'm not holding my breath. They have at least five alloy STs and not one of them has the PDBL. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse my screaming....

Sorry to hear that -- I just bought my ST on Sept 1 with all of the options, but didn't have the power rear window. Now, I think I want it. Would you let me/us know if it can be installed?

Thanks,

Make them find you a truck, they are at alot of the dealers with most colors and options that will give it up to other dealers, should not be at your expense though., my dealer screwed my order also, I ordered camel interior, and it shipped with charcoal color instead. I ended up with a V8, moonroof, and leather for just 50.00 more than the XLT that I had ordered. They don't want you leave mad.

The window can not be installed. I was going to buy a job 1 and have them do it but they checked and weren't able to. I was worried that they would screw up mine too. Go to Ford's website and search dealer inventory yourself. Just put in different zipcodes unril you find what you want. I'm sure they will work with you. Lots of dealers are getting in inventory now that the job 2's are rolling out.

Best of luck,

jfire

He's already been looking for one similar. Has not found one yet. I am not at all optimistic that they can install one in the ST that came in. I've checked the inventories throughout most of VA, but will continue to look.

Alloy Limited 4x4 V8

Moonroof

PDBL!

Charcoal Leather

Audiophile Sound

Elec Package

Safety canopy

Class III/IV Towing

Reverse Sensor

Adj Pedals

Tonneau Cover

SDARS

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...methinks I see a pattern here. My dealer(or the Ford plant) screwed up my 2007 ST order also but not in a bad way. A few more options mysteriously appeared on the Trac I ordered i.e. satellite radio, cargo bed extender, and the Limited convienence package. Since they built it to the very clear list I gave them(including the option codes), it makes you wonder. I don't think they gave me one that belonged to someone else because I had added options most people wouldn't get like the power adjustable pedals and not too many people have been ordering the clearcoat pearl blue color I picked so I know the ST I received was the actual one I ordered. If they are only building 50,000 ST's a year and half of those are special orders, it has to really give you pause they are screwing up the options on so many ST's when they place the order. Could have been the dealers fault...could have been the Louisville plants fault. I ultimately didn't pay for the extra features so I'm not really complaining but make no mistake about it...Ford is a very poorly run company and these kind of mistakes are the real world examples. I'm very happy with my ST but I'm not buying another Ford until they get their act together.

While I like the power down window I also like the cleaner look of the fixed one without the pillars. So if it were the only option missing I'd take it. I also very much like the Alloy color and I don't think it's available for 08.

brandon ford has 65 ST's in stock. make a trip down here. ill get you one. fly down..... drive it back

Will try to keep it short - I get mad everytime I write this or talk about it.

1. July 3 - walked out of dealer - he would not order exactly what I wanted and tried to get me one already built

2. July 4 - went to another dealer (very large - 5-600 cars on lot) - told them I know what I want and would like to special order - if we agree on price. They said no problem - will sell at invoice and half of their holdback.

by the way - Wanted White Ltd, NO MOONROOF, NO NAVI -NO BED EXTENDER, NO SATILITE RADIO - but most of the other options.

Tried every 2 weeks for vin number - they said it was coming

After approx 8 weeks - kept asking for vin no. -

They finally said FORD would not accept their order - that they did not have any alloccations for Sport tracs AND DID NOT KNOW IF THEY WERE EVERY GETTING ANY MORE ALLOCATIONS.

I then called Customer Service (LOL) and they told me that FORD BUILDS CARS - THEY DO NOT SELL THEM - IF I HAD A PROBLEM - TAKE IT UP WITH MY DEALER. I filed an OFFICIAL

COMPLAINT - and then asked them when I might here from FORD on my complaint - they said they would pass it up higher BUT THOSE HIGHER WERE AWFUL BUSY and that I might not hear from anyone.

I then went hunting for one in stock - also tried a couple other dealers.

My no. 2 dealer found the one nearest my original order

NOT WHITE BUT CARBON

NO CHROME OPTION (FOUND OUT THAT TO GET THE WHOLE PKG - IT IS CLOSE TO $1,400.

HAD BED EXTENDER

HAD MOON ROOF

HAD SIRUS RADIO

HAD HEATED WINDSHIELD (not needed in GA)

They called yesteday - said to come up an sign papers -at least 2 dozen.

THE LAST ON SHOWED A POCESSING FEE - 599.99

Told salesman - YOU NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS - UP TO AND INCLUDING 23 PAGES TO SIGN - THIS WAS THE LAST - THEY SAID ALL CARS AT EVERY DEALER HAS THIS (I GUESS THEY CALL THIS SEVERAL DIFFERENT NAMES - ADVERTISING FEE - ????

I SAID IF YOU DO NOT REMOVE IT - I WAITED 10 WEEKS - I CAN WAIT SOME MORE AND GO BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE - I COULD NOT TALK TO SALES MANAGER - so my salesman said

Told him to go over to the back room and tell the sales manager i am leaving with out my new car.

AFTER SALES MGR CAME OVER TO TALK TO ME - he said he could not remove the 599.99,

I said then take it off the selling price of the ST. (buy the way - it was not in his stock) so they refuse to give me the 1/2 hold back.

So I got it at below invoice - I THINK.

Then went back to FINANCE - they said without my wife there - i could not take the car.

My wife in in KY with my sick daughter.

Then the guy(finance) asked my what my monthly payment was going to be.

I said that was his job to tell me - since they lowered the price at the last minute.

He then filled out forms (at least 20 or so) and asked me to sign them -

TOLD HIM THE PRICE OF THE CAR WAS 2-300 MORE THAN THE PAPER SAID SITTING IN FRONT OF HIM - HE SAID - OH OH - WHAT CAN THAT BE. I SHOWED HIM WHAT HE WAS DOING WRONG. HE CORRECTED IT

NOW I AM FINISHED - THIS IS SAT AFTERNOON (BY THE WAY THE FORD DEALER WAS COMPLETLY EMPTY OF PEOPLE LOOKING AT CARS)

THEY SAID THEY WOULD DELIVER IT SAT NIGHT TO MY HOUSE.

AS I WAS GOING OUT DOOR - THEY SAID IT WOULD BE SUN.

CALLED SUNDAY AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD DELEIVER ON MON.

IT IS NOW 7 OCLOCK AT NIGHT - JUST GOT WORD THAT THEY ARE DELIVERY IT

WITHIN THE HOUR - I GUESS THEY HAVE TILL MIDNIGHT

MY ORDERING EXPERIENCE MUST BE RATED F - - - - - - - - - -

will get some pictures in the next couple days of my WHITE (I MEAN CARBON) TRUCK

THANKS for those who read the entire message -

I quess I feel better telling someone (s)

bill in decatur, ga

PRM, that sucks, sorry to hear about your problem. i would re-order what you wanted. don't settle for anything less. you spend a nice piece of change so get WHAT YOU WANT .

they will try every trick in the book to get you to purchase another one, but don't fall for it.

now i hope everyone can figure out why ford is in trouble. good luck

Wow, 65 STs. Not a single Job 2 though. Some dealers have 20+ around here, but nothing like that.

So far they have not tried too hard to do anything else. I think I made it clear we either find another suitable one (suitable meaning like the one I ordered) or order another one.

I suppose keeping my '02 until the '08s come out is an option too... Very bummed...

For all those waiting for their order to come in, I sincerely wish you all the best. For those looking to make the plunge, I heartily sugest you buy from dealer stock. That way you can look it over real close and do an extra, very through, extensive test drive, BEFORE you commit. Otherwise you could wind up with a motor ('07 V8), like mine, that sounds like a rock polisher - amongst other things. A word to the wise......

To Flyer,

The only problem with taking ST from stock

They all have way too many options

ALL HAVE MOON ROOFS, SAT. RADIO BED EXTENDER, AND A LOT MORE

My situation was that I semi-retired and had to give up co. car.

Therefore only had one car - wife did not like sharing ONLY ONE CAR.

So i waited 10 weeks - THEN HAD TO GIVE UP GETTING WHAT I WANTED

AND TAKE MY 2 OR 3 OR 4TH CHOICE.

I keep tellilng myself - it is only a car -

Carbon does look good - just not my 1st choice.

I am sure i will enjoy moonroof - should for $800

BEST THING I CAN DO - PUT IT BEHIND ME AND ENJOY MY SPORT TRAC.

ewing in ga

PS: At least I do not work for FORD - and losing my job in the next couple weeks, months, years.

$30K for a truck you don't want and it gets only 15 mpg...hmmm. I wonder why Ford is begging for people to come to their lots? Too bad they get treated like crap when they arrive. They should hire some mystery shoppers and close down the poor dealerships. We all know the dealers bribe the customers to get those good ratings.

Ewingga:

The Carbon does look good, even as a (your) "second choice". Then again, a lot of us get new rides and question our color choices somewhere down the road. Once again..... best of luck....

and enjoy the moonroof ;-)

We all know the dealers bribe the customers to get those good ratings.

Too true Nelson, and that is why I fill in exactly what I think, and in the comments section I will write that I was told to fill in all excellent. On an interesting non-ford note, my girlfriend recently bought a new nissan. The dealership did not even mention a survey, she got one and the last question was something like 'have you been confronted or cohersed about filling in this survey?" I think Ford should add that question.

It really angers me that they can suddenly try and "make things right" when the survey is coming in the mail. How about they try a little harder from the get go.

We just bought a Nissan for my wife and got the big time "make sure you only say excellent" story. It was emphasized enough times to become an annoyance.