'07 Audio questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got my '07 Sport Trac last week and am already considering making changes to the audio system. I have the 6cd mp3 changer with subwoofer and Sirius.

Can you add an aux jack to this head unit (Pressing "AUX" changes between Sat1, Sat2, and Sat3) and run it to the center console as the navigation unit has?

Has anyone tried upgrading factory sub with aftermarket sub and/or amp (significant improvement from this)?

What are the door speaker sizes (has upgrading them with stock radio made a significant difference)?

I guess since this is my first new car I want to keep the original look (especially since it cost me $550 for the upgrade).

well i will say the factory head unit sounds ok but has limits. if you look at my member library you will see the ton of audio upgrades i have done to my ST. if it were me i would...... add aftermarket headunit and door speakers. which by the way are 5x7 or 6x8 (same thing). then you would have sub control and be able to get the best sound out of it. if you really need it amp the high's and mids (door speakers). i love the way my sound system sounds and would not change it for anything...... except switch out the IVA D310 for thw IVA w200 Double din. if you need any help let me know. i do audio for a living and am willing to help any one on this forum. have a good one and good luck.

I have read that the 07 has an aux port for and Ipod or MP3 player, but i have yet to see it on mine. My wife's freestyle supposedly has it too, but i haven't seen it on hers either.

On Audio Systems:

I've spec'ed out two systems for my Sport Trac so far. Right now I'm torn as to which way to go but from what I've found so far the speakers are 5x7's (just looking, haven't looked terribly close yet). I haven't upgraded the speakers yet but I also considered doing exactly that but after shopping around I could replace the head unit with a Double DIN CD player or DVD player with a touch screen, which I suspect would look pretty dang nice. Right now I'm considering the following:

1. Replace the head unit with something with a ipod/USB in and bluetooth adapter for cell phone calls. Perhaps a Pioneer or Panasonic DVD player w/ touchscreen (both offer ipod cables and bluetooth).

2. Do #1 plus put an amp into the car, replace all the 5x7's with aftermarket speakers and for the front two have tweeters installed on the pillars (considering Boston Acoustics or JBLs right now), put in an amp and rip out the factory sub and have a thin aftermarket one put in the place of it.

I have a bit of financial recovery to do after going on vacation twice in two months recently and buying the new sport trac so it might be a ways off but those are the major things I'm considering.

iPod/Aux input on Factory stereo:

The question on the secondary/aux audio input was something I investigated pretty heavily when I bought my sport trac since it was listed on the site but I couldn't find it in any cars on the dealer lot.

From what I saw in the Job 2 list the aux port was one of the features listed so my guess is that you have a job 1 sport trac like mine and they don't have it, yet ford listed it on the web site long before it was actually being put in... just like the roll down rear window and nav unit.

I have a '07. I replaced the head unit with a Pioneer AVIC-D2 Nav unit w/XM (xm, sirus, blue tooth, camera, dvd player optional.) Great unit.

Now I am going to follow MPTonyT and replace my door speakers. Factory sound like crap. Then the subs...

If you have any question about your install ask Tony.

Latest posts