07 4.0 engine miss

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curt beck

Reaction score
Need help please while driving down the road around 40 mph on flat ground just giving it alittle gas then if there is a little hill it starts to miss before it kicks down wont pull any codes. My buddy owns a garage and we drove around today with his computer hooked up and showed no misfires but thats what it feels like. changed spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, and now coil pack still the same any help greatly appricated.

Curt, Turn the OD off, and identically repeat your test. It sounds like the torque converter is not coming out of lockup. (At 40 mph it should be in lockup) Could be a sticky valve in the tranny.

I've got the same year and engine, and had the same problem you're describing. Felt like the engine was missing, stumbling, whatever. Drove me nuts for relatively low (40K) miles. I replaced spark plugs, wires, PCV valve, had throttle body cleaned. No MIL codes present. Finally went to Ford dealership and found out that Ford knew about the problem and had updated the engine/transmission computer program. My warranty had timed out at this point so I had to pay about $100 for the reflash. That solved my problem.

'Tis true. Had I shown up before my warranty expired maybe they would've fixed it gratis. I flew military and commercial airplanes for over 30 years, so I'm the particular kind of guy who wants the equipment to run right. I do what I can to make it so, then pay if I must. Problem is, if you want the latest software you have to go to a dealership.

Latest posts