06' Ranger Spray on Liner...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
My dad has a new 2006 ranger extended cab with the 6 foot bed and he is interested in getting a spray on liner since he didnt get the OEM liner from ford. How much would it cost to have that done(thinking like Line-x or Rhinoliner)?? Also, we have heard they are very durable, has anyone had problems with their spray liners???

Thanks

Andy

I got my ranger linex'ed right away, I think it was about $400 or so in my area. It depends, personally I'd go with linex, I think it's a little more durable then the rhino linening.

I had my 05 F-150 rhino lined about a year ago, and I love it. There has been no fading, and I think its a lot better then bedliners. It cost me about 400 for a 5 1/2 foot bed. Its a little more expensive then a bedliner, but I had a Ranger with a bedliner and it wore the paint in the bed completely off. Its only a matter of time til it starts rusting......

Good Luck:)

Oh yeah, and I picked linex of rhino because the rhino customer service sucked. They wouldn't give me a quote over the phone, they had to see my ranger. I guess they'd never done a Ranger before. The linex people had better CS and they gave me a quote on the phone. I went back there to get my tube steps linex'd for the ST.

Ah, thanks guys for the ideas. I think my dad is going to call them tomorrow morning. Will post pics when its done!

Thanks

Andy

I did it to my '93 ranger, I paid a little extra and had rhinoliner do a medium grey, similar to the seat color. I also had them do over the top of the rains and the tailgate about 2 inches or so. It was enough to get fully around the stake pockets. Can't tell you how many times I was very glad I'd done that - I've hauled countless tons of rock, dirt, and landscaping stone without issue.

In my experience with Rhinoliner it did fade a little, but being grey not a big deal. It saved a huge amount of wear and tear on the truck. I did have rust underneath the lip of the tailgate at the seam at the bottom, but that would have occurred anyway. When I sold it this spring I had a few very small chunks that had come off on the top edge of the tailgate, just from shovels, etc.. They would have touched it up for me, but I had to leave the truck for the whole day and never could find the time to get someonw to drive up there, drop the truck off, etc.

If I had to do it again I'd consider linex. Also, I'd consider a couple drain holes being drilled before hand, and really well painted around the 2 holes underneath and then make sure they also hit it with the stuff underneath around the holes for full hole coverage on both sides.

Hope this helps.

--Bob

I paid to have Line-X installed in my 2000 and my 2005 Frontier came with a factory spray-in liner. It will cost between $350 and $450. Definitely stick with those two. I've heard good and bad about both. I'd suggest looking at some of the work done locally as the quality of the work will depend on your local franchise owner. Here in my area, the Line-X guy had a better reputation so I went with him. I know Line-X offered some sort of UV coating that they added for free to the over the rail section for shine and to prevent fading. In hindsight, I wish I would have had them do the whole bed like that.

Latest posts