04 Wiring Harness

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Laroco

Reaction score
Hey folks. I've got an 04 ST XLT with the factory Pioneerin-dash 6-disc changer and factory 8" sub and amp. After a couple of years, I've finally broken down and decided that it's time to change the head unit. I've been looking at the Eclipse AVN5435 double din unit and I had a couple of questions about the installation. First, what wiring harness would I need for the installation of the head unit? Second, I heard that, since I want to use the factory sub and amp, that I would need to buy another harness for that. Is this true, and if so, what wiring harness should I pick up for that?

Thanks for all your help.

You should be able to get the basic aftermarket to OEM wiring connectors to hook up the head unit. As for the sub you may have to hard wire it and put a resistor in. Do a search, there are numerous postings on the factory sub to OEM headunit connecting. MPTony can give you the info to get the resistor placed to keep the sub from "popping" when the HU is turned on.;)

use Best Kits - 5700R it will have both harnesses needed to do the full install and retain the factory SUB. you will need to install a 1000 ohm resistor on the remote lead (limits voltage) to keep from getting a nasty turn on POP. visit the link below and take a loon for your self. they also have a delaer locator to help you to be able to visit a store localy to purchase the harness. or if you prefer internet vending visit www.discountcarstereo.com

Latest posts