04 Steering Wheel Cruise On/Off Switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ape

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but are the On/Off part of the Cruise Control Controls (located on the left side of Wheel) supposed to light up like the right side? Mine are not and I cannot for the life of me remember if there are supposed to. Thanks.

Ape Out.

Others here have had the lights go out in these switches. Some have replace them with LEDs. Perhaps the project linked below will help.

Damn I figured as much. Who knows how long they have been out too. Just something I noticed last night. Any suggestions on where to pick up a set? Thanks for the help.

Ape Out.

Hey, the right side cruise buttons on my 2003 stopped lighting up right after my extended warranty ended (but they still function properly)! They went out once before, but I noticed that they started lighting up again when I had a new key programmed for the ST. Interesting!

All of the lights went out in the steering wheel about 9 months back. I flicked them with my finger a few times and they came back on. Haven't been out since. Figured it must have been a loose wire or something.

On my '05, I only noticed it ON about three times in 5 years. Have tapped and banged, no help. However..both sides so I will look at the steering wheel at joint...looks like an easier inspection.

Latest posts