04 sport trac key/starting issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Keefer

Reaction score
I went to try and start my truck via remote start (FO MO CO code alarm remote start) and it cranked over and stoped then tried it again. Now it goes to start and throws the THEFT light on the dash and wont even crank. I watched for the code and it threw a 1:3 and today it was throwing a 1:4. After researching the codes I got:

1:3 Key code not received. Is key screened by other keys or objects? Try different key: if okay then first key is faulty. If not go to main dealer

1:4 Partial code only received. Try again. If not okay use different key. If not go to main dealer.

I tried to reset the PATS system with my 2 keys and and start it with the remote and it does start on the first try but throws the THEFT code 1:4 and wont start with the remote after that. I even retried the program instructions. On the other hand both keys start the truck no problem.

I have a 3rd key that needs to be cut so I was thinking of getting it cut and trying to program it off the first 2..... I rather not go to the Dealer as it will cost me $75 and hr..

HELP PLEASE...

Latest posts