04 intermittent cruise control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Krusich

Reaction score
The cruise control on my 04 works intermittently. Occasionally it will work again upon restarting the engine. Sometimes it will work and not re-engage after I have to brake....then it might start working again. Where should I start looking?

Some were recalled, i know my '01 had to have it deactivated for a while

Last edited by a moderator:
I would arbritraly replace the cruise drop out switch on the master cylinder. '04 was not on the fire recall. But from what you are explaining. Sounds like it may be malfuntioning. If that is not it you have deeper problem such as the module. It could be the steering wheel switch. I dought it. it is only a momentary latch to the control module. There is a posibility of the harness problem in the steering column. If you tilt your wheel alot. the harness to all the controls in the column act up. Could try moving it up or down when it doesnt work. If that lets it engage. You will need to take the covers off the column and inspect the harness jack and wires on it.

my 04 did this to the previous owner.... We never touched it for about 2 months, It works fine now... LOL

Go figure...

Probably air in the brake switch..

Todd Z

Gary,

That thing was mint.... You sure about that..... Talking negatively may make the previous owner angry.....

:lol:

Todd Z

My 03's cruise also doesn't work at times until the engine is restarted... but at the same time, the horn & all but hi speed on the wipers will not work... turn the key off, start it back up, all is work again. I haven't dug into the column yet to see what's going on.

TJ

Latest posts