04-05 fogs with brights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike oyler

Reaction score
After alot of work I've come up with the solution, so the people with 04 -05 ST's can have their fogs stay on with the brights.[Broken External Image]: Take a small screw driver and pry out the light switch.[Broken External Image]: Unplug the switch and put aside.[Broken External Image]: Remove the 3-7mm screws that hold the fuse pannel in place. You can now pull the harness from the lights out the hole from the fuse pannel. Look for the light green with black striped wire.[Broken External Image]: You need to cut this wire and tape up the side going to the switch.[Broken External Image]: On the side going into the harness you need to take it to a ground. I spliced on a black wire and ran it to a ground under the dash.[Broken External Image]: If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Mike

Mike, looks good. One thing you will need to do is reduce the size of your pictures. Due to their size many people will not be able to see them. Here is a free program. It will re-size your pictures very easy. In fact, the file (picture) does not even need to be open. Simply right click on the file and choose re-size. It will ask you what size you want. It will save it under the same name but add a size description. Thus, no change to your original picture(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
On a 21 inch LCD I am sure it does....

I'm on my 15.8 inch laptop. I get to see slightly more than half.

Speed is not an issue, just the size from what I can see of it.

By the way, you need to turn this in for a project...

Wow, good job. After reading this, I went and did the original project on my '01, and it took maybe a minute. Most of that was popping the hood and getting the cover off the fuse box.

Coastie, does this program work with XP? I don't get an option to resize when I right click on a picture file.

Never mind, I got it...for some reason, it downloaded some kind of calculator, but I went to Microsoft's site and got it.

Yes it does.

The file is up-loaded into My Library.

Once you save it to your computer double click on it where ever you save it to. It will load and then become available to your "Right Click Option" list. It will only show up if you are right clicking on a picture. No other type of file.

I do not recall if all you had to do was install it or if you had to re-boot to activate the program.

But yes, it works with all XP versions.

Teddy,

For extra insurance against accidental shorts, and as a good general rule of thumb when working on vehicle electronics, unbolt the negative battery terminal.

Tiger, thanks, that's EXACTLY the kind of help I'm looking for. Like Ive said before, I'm just learning most stuff that people do when they're kids, never did anything with my own rides before, but I saved for just under 3 years for my st and now I'm very blessed because it's become such a great hobby for me. its so awesome to come on this site and just speed up the learning process by 100 times with the help of everyone. I'm so geeked out on my truck, pathetic but a hell of a lot of fun! Thanks agian Tiger!:) By the way, where's a good ground to go to? in other words.......me dumb dumb.

Teddy, A good ground = A bolt or screw connecting something to the body or frame. I used one of the bolts holding the emergency brake bracket. Your choices are endless as long as they are metal to metal.

Mike :D

Latest posts