03 Adrenalin Amp problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Long

Reaction score
I left my driver's side rear door window slightly cracked a couple weeks ago and it rained. I have vent shades on them, but it must have rained sideways because some water got into the cab.

I did not notice it and started out to run some errands. I was driving down the road and heard a loud pop...it sounded like a rock hitting the cab. I looked around and did not see anything so I kept going. As I got to my destination, it popped again...twice. I got out to look at the truck and noticed the window cracked and a line of water running down into the Amp behind the 40 seat.

I raised the seat as much as I could and ran a rag down there to dry it off and turned off the radio for a couple days to let it dry out.

Now, the stereo sounds a little different, it seems I have a little more bass in it (which isn't all that bad), but when I shut off the ignition, the driver's side speaker makes a loud noise....to be honest, it sounds like a long, loud fart.

Question is, where do I start? Should I take the amp out and get it looked at or just buy a new one and that will fix it?

TIA

That sucks. (I have an '03 Adrenaline too and love it!)

Are you still under warranty?

Does Ford have a recommended service center for the audio equipment?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Latest posts