01 Job 1 Trac repair

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RON LAPOINTE

Reaction score
Well guys I finally did a little well awaited maintenace the last 2 days. My 01 Trac has 106k on it and I have never touched the throttle body nor the IAC valve. Amazingly it ran ok, I would have to kick down the idle, and the idle would bounce slightly after warmed up. Now it idles down automatically and no bounce , just as smooth as it was new. Now my issue is having an early job 1, and having decided to change the pcv valve, how the hell do you unhook the hose that attaches in between the firewall and the connection down below. I would rather have the elbow issue later tracs have as I have no idea how to remove it,nor can I see where it attaches. Don't get me wrong here, the trac is running fine, and I'm not pressed to change the pcv, but I have a new one and would still like to replace it. Anyone replaced this nightmare and if yes what's the trick????

Just for an added note the pcv valve on my vehicle is not the same as the pcv procedure in the maintance section, its an earlier version from a 2000 explorer setup. It is located on the passenger rear side of the engine and has a tee connector and 3 hoses attached.

Yup Steve, in that first link you see the little buggar with the 3 hoses, problem is the hose that connects to the base of the intake valley is burried and I can't see the connection spot. Maybe I'll let the dealer deal with this the next time I bring the trac in for some service, let them rape me for an hour or so of labor and laugh at the poor mechanic that has to work on this cluggy setup. Don't get me wrong I did now find an article where someone used two pairs of needle nose visegrips and twisted the pcv portion and left the bottom hose connected, but I have visions of damaging the dam hose, then what???

Latest posts