01 Drivers door lock

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Kuechle

Reaction score
My driver's side door lock wasn't unlocking with the power locks so I got another actuator but while I was putting it in I noticed that the lock itself seemed to be binding. I haven't put it back to gether yet but does anyone know if they are suposed to pull hard without the actuator in place?

Thanks,

JP

It should not pull hard. You should be able to move the lock rod up and down fairly easily.

It is not uncommon for them to get dirty and simply not work at all or work poorly.

The best fix is to remove the latch assembly from the door and operate all of the levers while spraying with a quality lubricant. You will work the dirt out and lube it all at the same time. Suddenly, it will work very smooth and you will be good to go.

I guess the same parts are used as on the '99 Explorer. I had same problem last week. It was not the actuator, the handle assy. had to be replaced. The local Ford dealer had three in stock! He said it was a fast moving item.

Latest posts