01 Crusie control switches

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney Leary

Reaction score
The plastic on my 01 switches cracked to pieces, but the switches were still working fine

I ordered two used switches from ebay (matched mine in appearance, said came from 98 explorer). Neither switch worked. No lights and no cruise control.

Shouldn't the switches from rangers and explorers work in the 01 ST if it looks the same and the pins match?

Just wondering before I buy another set (the seller gave me a refund on these, I think they may have been defective?).

I have the same problem on my '01 ST. Actually, mine "melted" and chunks cracked off due to the hot south Florida sun (and having a black ST doesn't help avoid the heat either)! :angry: I haven't replaced mine yet because I'm busy customizing other things, but when I do, I'm just going to get brand new ones from one of this sites sponsor... FastPartsNetwork.com (or RockAuto.com which I don't believe is a sponsor) for MUCH cheaper than list price. You never know what your getting into when buying them used... they may be ready to crack a week after you install them! Remember, most used parts are sitting in a junk yard, maybe in the hot sun, or just being beaten by weather or other elements. If your going to replace it yourself... you may only want to do it once!!! Good luck!!! :supercool: :haveabeer:

Some parts, switches, etc. Arent worth the $$ saved as used....

Bet they dont have areturn policy?

The ebay seller gave me a full refund and told me not to worry about shipping the bad switches back... which leads me to believe she may have known they were bad.

They should. That switch from the '98 Explorer should have worked as well, I think they were deffective. You could have used a multi-meter and checked them out.

Thank you Torrie. I should have at least got a quote but Im on a small budget and leaving on vaca next week, Im trying another used set for $30.