01-05 OEM Stainless Steel Door Sill Scuff Plates

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Garcia

Reaction score
I have a set of 4 "Explorer" Stainless Steel door sill scuff plates. I bought them NEW awhile back and just never put them on my ST. I'm contemplating whether I want to sell them or keep them.

Ford Dealership no longer carries them. They are discontinued. So they are rare and hard to find. Back when they were available they were $165.00.

If I sell them, who would be interested in them? What would you pay?

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
These are also available on ebay, not sure of the pricing, i have generation 2 and was looking to see what was available and have seen these listed.

Gary, I will consider your offer. But I'm gonna wait to see what else is out there.

I sure will. Btw I have always liked your Sport Trac with the dick cepek wheels :supercool:

I got mine on Ebay NOS for $65 last year but you dont see them on there that often. They are available online if you google the part # and cost $100 with shipping. So $100 is a very good offer!

Garry,

Well I'm sitting here looking at these scuff plates. They do look nice. I think I paid close to 100 at a Ford dealership in GA. They were the only ones they had out on the discounted items in the parts department. I believe I might just keep them. They are a rare discontinued item so it would be a nice add on to my ST.

That's a heck of a deal. Don't miss out on this deal Garry!

It's a whole lot cheaper than what we have all have paid for them.

Same buyer listed either the same set or another set and i just snagged them! How awesome is this forum! Ebay item 230694959487 :banana:

I'm glad you were able to get a set Garry :supercool:

Baltimore, I would sell you mine but it seems that they are being listed on eBay for 25 plus 8 for shipping. I don't wanna rip you off when you can get them at a better deal.

I so thought they were worth much more, therefore I am keeping mine and I purchased an extra set.

Here's another set for anyone still looking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-EXPLORER-SPORTS-TRAC-2001-02-03-04-05-DOOR-SILL-PLATE-STAINLESS-OEM-NEW-/230699365831?hash=item35b6c0f5c7&item=230699365831&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I bought a second set from this eBay seller for 24.99. Better deal than what I paid for my first ones at the dealership. Several members have already purchased some from this seller and he keeps raising the price. Still not a bad deal though .