DVDSWAN 02 Sport Trac Build/Maintenance thread

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm on the ropes on the mirrors. If I can't use them then I'll put them on the wife's Explorer. But ever since I saw a rendering of an concept Adrenalin ST, I can't help to not necessarily copy it but use as a guide...

1996 Ford Adrenalin Concept Truck | Ford sport trac, Henry ford museum, Ford  explorer sport
Nice image and credit to the Henry Ford Museum. It wasn’t on display when I visited there 5 years ago.

Had a long and sweaty day putting in new CV axels (tracmotive) and shocks (gabriel ultra truck). My old rear ones were completely done for after 10 years (rancho rs5000x). Also replaced all my dash and a/c lights with leds (sealight). Thankfully they don't have any polarity to worry about. Think i messed something on the cluster though as my autolight no longer kicks on, but if i have to tear up the dash again for that, I'll stick with turning my headlights on manually.

Should have replaced my radio while I was at it, but I forgot to take with me this morning. Got a pioneer single din at the moment but am thinking about doing a double din touchscreen so I can do a backup cam. Any recommendations would be great!

Also discovered that the large corp shop I have gone to a few times over the last six months really screwed up some things. A boot is destroyed on one outer tie-rod and the grease port is mia on the other, my passenger tire is still slightly (but noticeable with the wear now) cambered out despite them checking the alignment 3 times, and a bolt connecting my driver lower control arm to the frame was loose enough that we could hand turn it out/in. They are bout to have have a bad monday
I installed a BOSS dblDIN with a rear view camera mounted on the license plate frame. For the couple hundred dollars spent it was great value. You can check Crutchfield website for fit and any adapter fit kits and wiring but soldering is involved. I also bought a used dash bezel from eBay because of the broken clips and peeling paint on the original. Camera power is spliced into the backup lights and display is manually selected on the screen for it.

Attachments

• IMG_3062.jpeg
    IMG_3062.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
@dvdswan: Did those mirrors actually have puddle lights? That would be a great feature to have as my apartment parking lot is quite dark where my spot is assigned.

@dvdswan: Did those mirrors actually have puddle lights? That would be a great feature to have as my apartment parking lot is quite dark where my spot is assigned.

The ones I have are for a 02 explorer. They are heated and have puddle lights.

Rockauto has ones for an explorer sport that have puddle lights.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...assembly,outside+mirror+&+glass+assembly,1304

For them to work you will need to wire in with the dome lights that turn on when you unlock with the key fob.