YouTube users: Check out my Video--- please :)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Langel

Reaction score
Hey guys!

If you enjoy YouTube at all, then please check out my short (8min) documentary about YouTube!!

I wanted to inform viewers about how I believe YouTube has had a negative effect on people's perception of what funny or quality works are (videos, music, ect)... Even some of the most stupid of videos are getting more attention than some blockbuster films... I hear a lot people talking about YouTube, so this is my way of responding to their discussions!!

I wrote, produced, edited, and directed the piece for a school project.

If you get the time, please check it out! :)

ENJOY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H12oq_bpde8

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one of those people who goes to Youtube looking for a quick laugh. When I saw that your's was 8 minutes I doubted I was going to be able to hang in there for all of it, but I did, it was interesting enough to keep me watching. It didn't hurt that I agree with what you were saying. Youtube is like the internet in general, it can be useful or it can be harmful, depending on how you use it. Nice work, hope you get an A.

Nice video, i don't agree with all of the points made in it though, youtube is not just mindless videos of people being kicked in the balls, i've put a couple videos on youtube that im very proud of, i don't want money for it i just want people to laugh at it. do a search for "good cops bad places" and click the first video on the list, that is my video and i like it and i hope it makes you laugh

Good observations and nice work. I agree with everything said. What is most important for all people to realize is that when someone chooses to upload a video, they are providing free web business to google. It is the same principal as wearing a shirt with a logo: you are free advertisement.

It would be interesting to calculate the average amount of valued time put into the average video on youtube, then see how much google owes the youtube public in labor fees.

It would also put into perspective how much money google is making with having almost no overhead in comparison to its labor force.

Today is the age of instant fame. I wonder what we will see in 20 years?

Latest posts