You think they'd research the name first.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhere I have a picture, not on this computer, of a fishing supply shop in Bonita Springs, FL called "Master Bait and Tackle". :lol:

Y'all forgot the one for Lake Tahoe lodging, resorts, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, the US had a swimmer by the name of Misty Hyman. She won gold in the butterfly.

About that same time, in the Winter Olympics, the US had an ice dancing team of Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow. Neither of those, in and of themselves, are funny--until they started discussing their parents on the air during the Olympic broadcasts, and you found out that Jerod's mother's name is Gay Swallow.

There's a lot of them here-----V

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Not on the same humor scale as most of the other ones here, but I used to have an optometrist by the name of Robert Dodge. He told me that until he was around 30 years old, he didn't realize that his two names are synonyms of each other (Bob Dodge).

Like the Army base Commander that's name was Lee Hard. His office door had a sign that General Lee Hard. Or my buddy from Japan that made Mojor some years ago. His announcement for the promotion ceremony said, "Come congratulate Major Woody."

I taught for the Air Force for many years. I had a student whose last name was Sergeant. When he became an NCO he was now called Sergeant Sergeant.

Funny thing is im a Software Programmer and have been going to Experts Exchange for years and never even gave it a second thought.

However their website is actually

http://www.experts-exchange.com/

so who knows they may have seen that before naming it.

the nest morning in the paper on the front page in bold letters was "Holy Name Wins With Peters Out".

Could have been worse. They could have been shut out, and the headline could have then read, "With Peters Injured, Holy Name Basketball Team Unable to Score". :D

Dick Trickle was great. They quit putting cameras in his car after it showed the cigarettes he taped to the dash. During cautions he'd pull a lighter out of his firesuit, flip up his visor, and have a smoke. :lol: Bad example for the kiddies I guess.

I work with a lady who was a nurse who later got a doctorate degree. We call her Doctor Nurse Nancy...

Also worked for a guy who was a coorporate division head who controlled a lot of critical technical stuff. Although his name was Richard, we called him "Big Dick". I think he kind of liked being called that.

My brother in law is in the navy and told me about a guy whos last name is swallows. He was known as Seaman Swallows..........

Guy I worked with said he was in the Navy with a guy whose last name was Belcher.

At my current company there is Gene Poole and Joe King. I believe there are some others but cannot remember them off the top of my head.

Latest posts