Y-pipe..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
if i get the randomteck y pipe thats gonna replace i think three of the cats off my 04. will this throw a code is there anyway i can pass inspection with one of those? is it worth the performance ?

Replaces two cats, should not have any code problems as you re-install the o2 sensors

I passed kali smog with mine, they only looked for the main cat.

Will get you maybe 8 H.P, but far better sound

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks for the info. really would like the better sound part. and 8 horse power isnt too bad. would that possibly give about 2 mpg better gas milage?

Do a search in swap and sell. One of our members had a new one for sell.

edit; see link

i wish i knew what all it took to install this. i cant buy it until after i see how much my ticket is gonna cost but i dont want to pay any installation costs. if am fairly mechanically enclined should i be able to handle this pretty well

Clay - it is not that hard to do. Just be carefull when you remove the o2 sensors you count how many times you turn to get them out. You will twist them that many times before you install them again to not damage the wires.

yep maintain the twist for the install, i used tie wraps, you can remove them with 5/8s open end wrench, if you can swing it, buy the proper tool a 5/8s-22mm O2 sensor socket, about 12 bux, if you bugger them up they are costly.

Latest posts