Y-Pipe Installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
This past weekend Todd Z, Paul H, and myself installed the Random Tech Y-Pipe on my Trac. It took a lot longer than expected because we had some stubborn bolts and ended up snapping a couple. In the end everything is excellent, better than I expected.

I already had the Flowmaster 40 Delta Flow with dual outlets installed and it sounded great but the Y-Pipe made it louder and deeper. I also feel a definite increase in horsepower especially at the high end. It is more of a difference than I was expecting.

Here is a pic of the Y-Pipe. I think Underdog is trying to get a group buy going and if it happens I would defintely recommend getting it.

George

[Broken External Image]:

Fast Eddie,

The cat back exhaust work including the muffler, pipe, tips and labor was $500 from a local shop. The Y-Pipe cost $325 shipped when I bought it but I think it is going to be $280 from Underdog.

George

I can do $280 shipped but I have to get 10 people in on the deal. I'll make a post in the group buy section. George, can I use that picture?

Chris, it has bungs welded in. It really is a top quality piece.

RandomTech

[Broken External Image]:

Stock

[Broken External Image]:

They just started emissions testing here within the last couple years. What kind of effect does this have on the testing? Any thoughts?

Chet, I only have 1 cat left on my truck, And when I run the stock tune It does NOT throw a Check engine light, So I can get inspected here in NY with no problem...

Todd Z

They are cats.....

The ST has 4 cats 1 muffler and 1 resonator..

Todd Z

Latest posts