Y-pipe Info

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
I looked and found posts on y-pipes, but couldnt find info on it. I have a few questions about it. First of all, Can you have a y-pipe with a muffler or do you have to give the muffler up?

and Can you do it with single exhaust? and also any other info you can give me?

Thanks,

Boodro :D

The "Y-pipe" replaces the first two of four catalytic converters on the ST, thus reducing constrictive flow. There are still two converters in front of the muffler. After-market systems only replace from muffler back, to comply with emission control laws. The number of pipes after the muffler does not matter.

Boodro.....Here in texas it is legal to eliminate the front light up Cats. You might have to find a shop that will install the Y-pipe. Some dont like to do it unless the cats are shot. I will probably get the Y-Pipe my self, as one of my later mods. The only car, I have not messed with the exhaust ever is my wifes Escape. I doubht I will.

Thanks for the info all! :D Wayne I will be calling you about info and all that great stuff, but it wont be for a while, I just got my exhaust done and I need to wait for a while. But I will have one someday and I cant wait. :D

Boodro

Latest posts