Y pipe done

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Powell

Reaction score
Did the y pipe from Zabtech yesterday, went smooth and easy however now in park and neutral, the engine won't rev over 3ooo RPM it does down the road however. Not that I need to rev the engine that high at rest but was just wondering if that will poas a problem in the future?????

Jeff,

That is the rev limiter kicking in, it is completely normal for the truck to do that....

Todd Z

Zach,

http://www.zabteck.com/randomtech.htm

OR.

f30c6db8e633cf7ad0c2c3e59339b98a.jpg

c1ac90eeb64458b68e9ff7802499781a.jpg

Todd Z

Is the same 3000RPM Park/Neutral rev limiter on the 07 V8 ST? I'm not driving my truck today or I would check it out myself.......

If so that's very interesting and I was not aware of it.

does the y-pipe really keep the exhaust heat away from the transmission? i recently had to replace the transmission on my 01', the heat from the exhaust fried the valves, and i am not looking to do that again.

does the y-pipe really keep the exhaust heat away from the transmission? i recently had to replace the transmission on my 01', the heat from the exhaust fried the valves, and i am not looking to do that again.

Callan, by removing the Heat that the cats produces it helps keep it cooler, BUT the ST tranny is known for bad valves, I think the tranny shop was pulling your leg...

Todd Z

Latest posts