WTF?!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray moyer

Reaction score
OK!!!

SO! today i go to take my ST into the shop at ford to get a new instrament cluster intsalled since my coolant level wont move and the guy was like lets order it u still have a warrenty, so heck we ordered it and then he goes to install it....

Well, bout an hour or so goes by, and i get a phone call.

The mechanics are calling asking about ducktape under the dashboard holding wires down or something.

who gets blamed? i do cuz its my ST, no prob right? one problem...

I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO REMOVE A DASH IN MY ST!!! NEVER NEEDED TO DO IT!!!!

anyone else no why i would have duck tape, apparently from the factory or an earlier service holding wires down under the dash and cluster? cuz im just lost... I know to my knowledge that dash hasnt been moved till today... and i know it didnt get their by itself...:angry:

:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Might find this kinda weird. I am the first owner of my ST. Never have removed the dash parts. Well the lower cover for some odd reason as about 3 inches worth of 2 sided tape lodged in between the lower portion and the top portion. Not exactly sure what it benefits or whatnot. But yeah, its there. And if I had to guess, I'd bet I have some duct tape under there as well. I just haven't taking a gander yet.

they didnt void my warrenty as of yet, but it was sent in to ( the report of the tape) so i may end up having to pay the $300+ install for it

and it didnt even fix my problem!!!

wish mechanics would just listen and order the part i ask for...coolant temp sensor... -.-

just cuz im 19 doesnt mean i dont know anything! lol

Mechanics these days never order parts. Don't know how many times I have taken my car in, said it needs a "whoshawhat" replaced, then get charged $80 for a diag fee and be told the car isn't ready because they had to order a part...the "whoshawhat!".

The last time this happened I was ready to throttle the service manager. I said that I would NOT pay for the diag fee, and that they better call the cops, because either way, I was taking my car and not paying it. If that makes me a crook, then they need the cops; or from the other perspective I need the cops because I am being charged for services I didn't ask for (I told them to replace the "whoshawhat").

They dropped the diag charge.

The only issue with this approach is you better darn well have documentation that you instructed them to replace the "whoshawhat", and do no other service without calling, which I did.

TJR

Latest posts