• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - STA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LILFOOT

Reaction score
Looking for a replacement Adrenalin.
Have driven 1500 miles in the last week to look at 3 different STA's. All 3 dealers promised no rust, only to get there and see the running board areas completely rusted out. 2 black ones were both spray bombed to hide the rust. The salesman stepped on the one running board and bent it right down. I really don't want to get a ranger or F150, but dang these poor SportTracs are rusting like crazy.

Like me your in the salt belt..... Its gonna suck..... you may want to search out of state and take a chance...…

I may end up getting out of the STA game all together.
Interested in a spare parts truck ?
I kept it as clean as possible.
No body rust, some surface stuff underneath. Cab is near mint as well as bed.
Front frame is fine, rear number crossmember took most of the damage.

why not get a v8 st and just swap the parts over ?

Guess I may have lucked out in that the first 5 years of my Adrenalin's life was in Baltimore, MD and the next five have been here in NC where the weather is not nearly as bad. Biggest issue i have with mine is the wear on the seats and that I go through brakes seemingly too often!

As for the breaks. Try drilled and slotted rotors. It’s helped mine big time. I now can stop from 60 to a stop in 1/2 the time and length as before
I got them off eBay for under 125 and they come with ceramic pads and made by black heart. I use the same brand on my 2007 mustang and god what a difference they make and have a 100% life time warranty
Message me if you’d like the link
9d27a940c89ae9b59a884529e3949266.jpg

b8d6143d045bfcc4f45ef7bc1afe6307.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are only drilled.... I see no slots..... I only run raybestos R300 rotors and Akibono pads... I can get the abs to kick in in a hard braking situation.... they stop beautiful !! Rotors and pads are like $60 each....

ahh viewing on phone....

Looking for a replacement Adrenalin.
Have driven 1500 miles in the last week to look at 3 different STA's. All 3 dealers promised no rust, only to get there and see the running board areas completely rusted out. 2 black ones were both spray bombed to hide the rust. The salesman stepped on the one running board and bent it right down. I really don't want to get a ranger or F150, but dang these poor SportTracs are rusting like crazy.
Did you find your replacement? I'm putting my '08 up for sale this week. First owner was in Oklahoma; I'm in Dallas/Fort Worth area and bought it in June 2012 at 17k miles. Now at 169k miles and rust free. I'm an AMSOIL dealer and have kept it up to snuff perfectly, to include a dozen oil analysis reports.

It's Colorado Red, RWD. If interested call or text 682-465-6957.

If your still looking I have 2010 XLT 2x4, 4.0 6 cylinder, power windows and locks, cruise control, tinted windows, tan leather, 2 set of mats (carpet and rubber), bed extender, 54,000 miles, white exterior. Im the second owner, interior and exterior are a 10 out of 10 i.e flawless.... Ive owned it since last yr and first/prior owner was a lady from Oklahoma. Professional installed leveling kit front/back. I know Im asking a lot but its flawless and everything works as it should. Has Michelin tires with 75% tread left. $16,500 (913)7064711 located in Leawood, KS.

Pictures available upon request.

Last edited:
I run Performance Friction pads an the front, on stock rotors. The compound is carbon metallic. They don't wear your rotors. You can never get them hot enough to fade. They stop excellent even after multiple panic stops. I will never change.
Cross drilled and slotted rotors wear pads fast. So run a good oem rotor and performance friction pads.