WOW!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS DAVIS 2

Reaction score
Well the other day I was working on my back window as many of you may remember and i was checking the fuses. Well i pulled a fuse and put it back in and all of a sudden my radio shows the name of the station as the name of the song and the singer. Why did it all of a sudden start that. I have had my truck for about a year now and it has never showed that. i am happy though. Also does anyone know the lug specs off the top of there heads?

You probably had it set to the "off" setting, and I'm suspecting that it's default setting when it comes back on after a total power interruption is "on". Depending on which radio model you have, there are numerous settings that can be set via the on-screen menu. Assuming you have an OEM radio, see your Sport Trac owners manual for more info. If you have something aftermarket, see its manual. Not all stations broadcast RDS signals, so some will just show a blank screen--but the number that do use the technology is growing all the time.

This is why I like this site -- among many. Three years after I get the Trac, you folks enlighten me to the other features of the radio. The only time I used the Menu button was to reset the clock since it loses about 2 minutes every 48 hours.

The RDS and Traffic features are very cool! And I finally know what 'Ambiance' means now!

Your manual has this info. Also if you don't have the manual you can get it on the fordfleetside website. It shows you many more features of the oem headunit.

Latest posts