Wiring through center console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan Darbyshire

Reaction score
Hey guys

Ive got a cb radio/police siren and the only place its gonna fit is the center console. I need to get to the ignition wires and some of my audio wires. Has anyone ever ran wire through the center console to get to the front that looks clean?

Please give me any input.

Thankss

You have the full console or the shorty with a bag? You can run wires through the firewall, under the console w/ drink holders, and into the center console/armrest.

I have the short console. The cupholder part lifts off from the back side and it was pretty easy to run the wire for my XM antenna under the mat, I just took out a few screws, muscled it up and reached under.

i have sooooo many extra wires in my S/T its ridiculous (Strobe Lights,system,EMS/FIRE radio, Scanner and a few other things), the only advise i can give you is just to think it out. i cant tell you how many times i had to start over because i didnt think where the wire had to go before i started. just make sure you have access to somewhere to hide the wires before you run anything. plan out where the wires need to go and how you can make it neat. i have my radio mounted at the end of my console, the only difference is that i have a shorty console.

if you are handy, i would suggest taking your console out and making your own. if this is not the case, there are consoles made by companies for radio's and basically anything you want to put in it. we have one of these boxes in our explorer at my EMS company. it looks awesome. if you are going for the best look, i would suggest that. if you post a couple pics of your console and radio i can give you some ideas.

i noticed you said you are installing a "police siren." just want to give you a heads up that if you dont have a permit for that, you really cant use it unless its in a parking lot and such. your state laws may be different so i can be wrong, but in CT, a siren is a big no no. but hey, maybe you are allowed to have one.

if you dont mind me asking, is there an external speaker for the siren? is it a true siren or a JC whitney style type? i was looking into one for fun. thanks

A siren may not even be legal in a parking lot as it certainly could be considered a noise problem (here charged as part of the disorderly conduct statute). However it appears as though you do not care of the legality, just dont be surprised when you get charged with something and your vehicle is towed and impounded until the siren is removed. You certainly could use it in an out of the way area, meaning out of the hearing distance of the general public...but then you might be charged with disturbing the wildlife:lol:

If you really get your jollies from a siren how about you just install a TV and watch cops all day long.

Latest posts