Wiring For Radio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson Vagenas

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is any input spots on the back side of the radio? I want to install a ipod but dont like wires hanging or the fm transmitter(It Sucks) so any help will be great thanks:D

What year Trac do you have, and which radio is in it? I have an 01 with the 6 disc in dash. I was able to hook up an aux-pod adaptor. The harness plugs into the 20 pin connector which is occupied by the rear radio control plug. This particular brand allows you to piggyback onto the harness. This allows you to hook up the aux pod and still maintain your rear controls. When I want to listen to the Ipod, I simply press CD a second time and it switches the ipod input and plays thru the stereo, all while charging the ipod. Best ipod accessory I have ever purchased, and I've purchased a lot of accessories! Now, it is my understanding that this might not work on 03 and newer models because of something to do with satelite radio?

DE Trac,

Where did you get you aux-pod adapter? I was under the impression the headunit had to have changer controls for an external changer to be able to hook in a aux adapter.

jlevin 75,

What you say is true. On the 2001-2002 Audiophile head units the external cd changer port (20 pin connector) is used for the rear seat radio controls. I will attach the links that I purchased mine from. The cable you will need if you have this radio is PAC ABFRD20[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The fm modulator is the way I am going, and at the same time i am going to run it so I can also have the rear monitor and IR headsets independant so my daughter can watch and listen to movie while we listen to radio up front. will post in projects later

I have the 02' ST with the Pioneer 6cd Changer including the woofer in back seat and back seat controls. When I push on the CD button (twice), I do not get the "no dj" message. However, from this and other posts, I am assuming that the rear controls do in fact plug into the "Aux" in on the back of the factory unit??? Is this what has been referred to as the "20 pin harness"?

I ordered the Aux-Pac and appropriate cable and am hoping that I can hard wire my ipod directly into the stereo. When I called car domain, they wanted to sell me a P.I.E. FRDN-Aux

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrdnaux.html

that was listed as being compatible with the 6cd Changer? I know that the Aux-Pac was recommended by Thomas so I just ordered that. I am however confused as to which is the right thing. Will the Aux-Pac in fact work?

Thanks for any help.

Fezzer

Latest posts