Wire (spoked) wheels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Draper

Reaction score
Ever since I got my first vehicle ('66 ford mustang which was 12 yrs old at the time, paid a whole $250 for it) I always wanted chrome wire wheels, but couldn't afford them.

Now that I can afford them, I can't find any that will fit. Even settle for chrome wire hubcaps if there were a way to attach them.

edit = added the word "chrome"

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently there's a ST with 22" wire wheels riding around my friends house, though i have yet to see it, so it seems they fit..

Hi Nick,

Thanks for you reply and help.

However, I did find some like those, I was hoping for 16X7 OEM (which is what I meant by "fit"). While I can do new wheels, new wheels and tires would be a bit expensive, especially since the Michelins I have now are brand new.

I appreciate the help though.

You could always find a set of wheels like I use in the winter then find some good hubcaps or something to make it look like wire wheels.

[Broken External Image]:

My wheels for the winter are OEM steel wheels (the ones they use for the spare) with the standard center caps used on many Fords with some chrome trim rings I got at Big-Lots. I bet you could find some 16" hubcaps at Autozone for the 16" steel wheels.

Tom

I had wire wheel hub caps on my 66 impala, they looked very good and I use to take them all apart to clean them but it sure was APITA! I know it will take a long time to clean wire wheels, good luck and go for it if you like them. Gary

I dont know if wire wheels have got any better. but my brother had them on a grand am..they a pita to keep balanced and potholes took there toll on them..they started wobling..if you are wanting them for the trac, think about the tracs weight..might not hold up well...

there was a member with them, its was a lowered black ST with i think 20 - 22" wire chrome ones.... i know its on cardomain.com

these wheels are made by Dub ( www.mhtwheels.com )

6929860860c9fcab5f05c86a419ce45c.jpg

John, thanks, but I did look at that site and the only 16x7's I could find did not look like they would work on a ford, besides I was hoping for chrome and these are 24K gold spokes. Looks really nice, but it looks like a center bolt attachment.

As you said you would settle for hubcaps. You could find wheels at a junk yard for a fair price then find some hubcaps. IMO, sopkes like you want are way too expensinve and nust not practical to invest in.

Tom

Latest posts