Winter Tires: Best Deals For 2008

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
I used to have the Pacemark SnowTracker. It was cheap and had amazing performance in every type of wintery slush combo mother nature could throw at it. I even bought a set for my S10 that I had back then.

I'd like to get Amanda some snow tires for her 06 Impreza WRX Limited.

Her stock tires are very hard in cold weather and produce a small vibration until they get warmed up. While the car is AWD I'm still worried that the directional tread design and tire compound will hinder her safty this winter. This is her first winter with her dream car and I want her to be safe.

I used to like the Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice but that was 8 years ago. I've no idea what's out there now.

Since I'm a little burned out from shopping my face off for a LCD/ Plasma TV I figured I could get a jump start in the right direction.

What do you think the best tire for the money is?

Wife's Outback has Bridgestone Potenza RE92As on it. Don't get them- the only good thing is that they wear like iron, but have terrible snow traction.

I'm thinking about putting the BF Goodrich Long Trail T/As on it- I have had very good experience with these tires on several other vehicles.

If you need winter tires, then Blizzacks are about the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts