Winter rims

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering if a set of winter "multi fit" rims I'm looking at will fit. The guy selling them says they have a +40 wheel offset. 5x114.3 bolt pattern. 16x6.5 width. I don't think these will fit my 05 4x4 but would like a firm answer from you guys. Thank :driving:

I have tried a few multi fits on mine without success. The +40 offset is definately high for an ST. We have a nearly 0 offset on our STs (1st gen anyways). I can remember what OEM rim width is (I beleive they ar 7" with around a 12- 15 offset), but 40 offset with the same width rim would bring your tire in a little over an 1". This rim being 1" narrower would increase this to about 1.5" more to the inside (with the inside of your rim being about 1/2 to 1" closer to your inner fender/suspension). I had a similar offset and had 245/75/16 on and was getting rub on sharp turns (sway bar) and in the back when going over or thru ruts (inner fender). I finally found a guy that traded a pair of Crown vics for my multi fits.

Denis

Last edited by a moderator: