windows

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
my friend has a 03 xls all four windows do not work is it a fuse or relay? any help would be helpfull. and i found out today why i love my xlt. and not my friends xls.

i know his locks dont auto lock when you put in drive but they do work if you push the button.

dont know about the light will check this afternoon.

The relay that kills the windows also kills the dome lights. I've actually seen a couple cases where people have tried to replace the map light bulbs and distorted the membrane contacts enough to short out and cook the relay. The relay is way the hell up under the dash.

Check the fuses in the Central Junction Box (left end of dash panel), F2.7 - 7.5Amp, and the Battery Junction Box (engine compartment), F1.47A - 20Amp. The Window Safety Relay is also in the BJB it is C1096. The other relay(Auxilliary Relay Box 2) mentioned above is the One-touch Window Relay is and powered from the WSR, so this is probably not the problem, if all windows are not operating.

F2.27 is also for the radio.

The circuit and fuses and relays are the same for XLS/XLT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul, I thought so, as well, until I dug further. You know how Ford likes to run circuits through things that they shouldn't and not document them...

i have checked all the fuses inside but not the hood yet let you know about that. yes the dome light does work. i did pull the switch form the diver`s door it looks like there is dirt and dust all over it so i don`t know if that is the problem but i`m going to spray all the switches with cleaner and connections. none of the switches work. about the gauges. i had to drop $1000.00 on brakes last week. so it will be a while before i can get them but if you want to get rid of them go ahead i find some later. thanks.

well i put the switch back and nothing and i checked the fuses and nothing. could it be just one wire in the door going to a motor. he said something about a wire was lose or messed up.

i gave up. he needs to take it some where. it looked like i was building a scince project.

got it put back together thank god. but still got no where. let you what we find out if he does take it some where. thanks for the help.

Latest posts