Window Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My right rear window stop working a few months ago. I assumed it was the fuse, but when I attempted to replace the fuse, the fuse was good. Can I assume it is the window motor that is bad? Is there anything else I can check?

i have read on this website that there is a reset procedure for the rear window. however i do not know it specifically. do a search for it?

Get a volt meter and check for voltage at the motor wires, check that your switch has continuity, also check master switch connection in driver door.

Dean I know it sounds dumb but try slamming the door with the problem then try window. Though it hasn't happened for awhile my rear door windows would occassionally stop working. Someone on this website suggested opening then slamming the doors shut. For some reason it moves something around and the window starts working again. You're problem might be different as in an actual electrical problem or window motor failure but I'd try this trick first.

Latest posts