Window/door wiring issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Lovell

Reaction score
Hello, for the second time in 18 months my windows don't work. last year i had a similar issue and took it to my local ford dealer, who after $200 told me it was a bad wire and fixed it. Now I am having issues again. Sometimes the windows will go up/down but most of the time they don't. The buttons on the drivers door don't light up/flicker. When i open/close the door some times they will work. I have tried another button with the same results. I believe that the issue is in the black canister looking thing that is located between the drivers door and the cab. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it easy to fix? I need my windows back.

Sounds like a connection issue based on sometimes working when you open and close the door.

I would open the panel up and wiggle and jiggle things at the same time operate the button. See if it starts to work.

If so, you at the very least have a clue to the area of the issue...

I had the same issue on mine. Windows would work when the door was only in a certain position.

Ended up being a pinched wire in the door boot. I'd check that first.

Slid the rubber boot(below the "canister") down and spliced in a jumper to give the wire some room to play. Not very difficult, but a PITA working in that small area.

Also got in too much of a rush and yanked a wire out of the "canister,":angry: so if you need help with that just let me know.:banana:

-JT

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts