Wind Noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Hanover

Reaction score
I have found that I have excessive wind noise from the roof rack on my ST, went to the Fastlane Dept awhere I purchased my tires and he showed me what he had done to his ST, he removed the roof racks, installed a wind deflector for the moonroof amd plugged the holes left from the roof rack with some painted bolts that matched the paint of his ST. It looked great so I tried it and it helped get rid of the wind noise, the manager of the Fastlane also told me that with the moonroof open he gets a bit of a wind rumble if he doesn't vent the rear window, I noticed the same thing, is it normal for this rumble? The manager of the fastlane dept at the dealership thought so.

John, I think it's safe to say that probably all of us here aren't impressed with wind noise inside the ST. It's not terrible and I have grown accustomed to it. I also get a "rumble" when I have the moonroof open but goes away if I open another window.

I have owned one vehicle with a sunroof, and have driven in many others. The rumble is more common without a wind deflector installed. I found that the rumble was more common at slower speeds.

just put in the wind deflector last night, great now with the roof open, also have a extra brand new set of door seals with all the hardware if anyone's intrested.

Certain combination of window openings with the moonroof wide open or just vented gives that enormous F/A-18 sound after take-off and at 15 K feet. Sounds good to me, not for very long though since the radio is drowned out, as one of the members says, SOUND OF FREEDOM. Got the Benevento moonroof visor but still in the garage since I want to prep the roof with Klasse All-in-One and then the Klasse Glaze before installing. Lazy me.:(, not really, am doing a project now related to the above. Building two double purpose 10 ft benches, for guest sitting and the real and main purpose, for cleaning and polishing the ST's roof. :D

Latest posts