Will this Lowering Kit work?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Hare

Reaction score
Will this kit work size-wise on an ST gen 1?

Kit includes 2 extruded aluminum lowering blocks complete with four 1/2" U-bolts and hardware. Blocks are 2-1/2" wide x 5" long. U-bolts fit 3" diameter axle housings and are 10" long.

Thanks in advance for the input!

How much do want to lower the rear? Speedway Motors description says ONE inch. Two issues with the kit. First is ST axle tubes are 3.25" diameter, not 3". They can be forced to fit, but 3 1/4" u-bolts are readily available. Second is kit uses cast aluminum blocks and have known to fail. Cast iron blocks are much stronger and will never crack. Sizes available are one to four inches. I'll provide some sources if you're interested and can't find anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
swshawaii - Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure on the axle diameter.

They have a 1.5" block. I didn't think 1" was enough and 2" might be too much for what i want.

So 1.5 sounded nice.

So the 2.5" x 5" blocks will work? I may still go with the alum and just keep an eye on them. I don't do off road. What happens with a failure of the alum block? It cracks and pretty much stays in place I would guess?

Thanks again.

Latest posts