will these tires fit?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh mcleod

Reaction score
first of all, i have searched the forums and i do think i know the answer.

today i plan on ordering from ebay: 3 body lift, 4-2" wheel spacers, and 153 shackles (+TT)

i will also buy the new duratrac goodyears 285/75/16. I have read that there may be "minor" rubbing. how minor is "minor" because i dont want to damage my truck or tires onroad or offroad.

any suggestions or reasurance would be much appreciated.

BL, TT, SL yes, front wheel spacers, I have 1.5" on both front/ rear, the fronts rub on the rear of the wheelwell. I know others have 1.25" on front and no rub. I'm gonna be selling the front 1.5" spacers sometime soon and get 1.25"'s. Look in my library and you can see mine stock/ lifted/ then BL'd with 285's. So yeah they'll fit but I'd only go with 1.25's on the front. :haveabeer::banana:

so what your saying is the 1.25 will have less rubbing issues compared to the 2.00 ? ok great, i think i'll go with 1.5 rear and 1.25 front. thank you jerry

im pretty confident i can do the lift myself, thanks to this great website. did you have to remove the front seats as it says in the instructions?

It makes it easier I guess but no I didn't. I just moved them front and back to get to the front/center cab mount bolts. I did it in my driveway with handtools and only needed help sliding the bed back and forth. When you do the lift, if you need any help, suggestions, advice email me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to help, I found a couple short cuts on different steps in the book. :banana::haveabeer:

i just hope i warms up a bit here in manitoba so i could get my hands dirty instread of frozen. thanks jerry, appeciate the help